Friday, July 21, 2006

a year of proper life..

a year passed by like a whirlwind..i guess its time to assess myself yet again..
well it all started last year in july last year when i got my license to fly..to fly away from home..and the place i flew to seemes home to me now..it has been a pain staying away from BITS for so long,and i'l be relieved wen i finally board dat train on the 30th..its not that i really hate staying at home or that i really go wild at BITS that makes me like BITS more by the day,but its the fact that i really HATE protective behaviour and curtailing of freedom..a 19 year old guy is more than capable to take care of himself,and as people who know me will say,i am mature enough..its either the fact that my parents dont know me well enough or that they don't wish to know me better..
returning to the topic again..this 1 year at BITS had a lot in store for me..it was full of new experiences both favourable and otherwise..i'l say that i learnt a lot more from my non-academic experiences rather than the academic ones..(well i guess the acad. ones were not all that favourable but thats another issue..!!) well i guess this is what college life is all about..it all started with us attending lectures in droves wearing formal clothes,always keeping an alert eye out for prowling seniors..sooner than expected we were given freedom from the 'interaction period'..we shed our coat of innocence and the true self came to the fore..lectures were gussd n later even some tutes.. :)
i met a lot of people,some i treasured as my bestest friends,some i learned to stay away from..that initial phase of hesitation was now gone,and now i saw myself as a BITSian,and BITS was my place to be..further interactions with seniors taught me the nuances of college life..soon we started taking the law into our own hands,and our rule breaking expedition kicked off..i dont want to go into the details of it all,it was pretty much an achievment for a first yearite but nonetheless added to my experience..
OASIS-my first experience of a big scale fest..i'l never forget it..(there are other reasons though!!) working together with seniors was a great experience during the pujas and much later in the grub..all throughout my seniors were a source of constant support and that made my first year of college llife all the more enjoyable..
friends..my group of friends..how can i ever forget them..our much enthued and thus much rebuked group of guys n gals had managed to stick together for a year quite well,despite outsiders predicting its breakup..they mean more to me than anything else..thank u friends for makin my first year the best time of my life!!(enjoyment wise..)

academics..it was one word that was defined by me(honestly..) and it has become the word i dread..what a transformation..i hav explored the causes n hav plumbed the depths of the inexplicable ocean of my psychology and hav returnd with a plausible answer..i guess it has to do with my carefree and ocassional irresponsible beahviour..wen i enjoy myself i dont think of what side effects my over indulgence can bring about..n dats wat..i over enjoy myself,leaving very little margin of time for my studies..anywz guss this,i hav alrdy posted many such posts examining my academic decline..
so thats about it..a brief synopsis of my happy n unhappy times in my first year at BITS..more to come soon..stay tuned!! ;)

No comments: